Orthodontics is the Specialty of Dentistry that deals with straightening teeth, correcting the bite and establishing facial harmony. This not only provides a beautiful smile that improves self-confidence and self-esteem, but also contributes to overall health. In addition to esthetic improvements, benefits of orthodontic treatment and braces include better function, ease of cleaning the teeth, improved wear patterns on teeth, and greater longevity of teeth.
Who is an Orthodontist?
An orthodontist is a dentist who has had at least two years of extended study after dental school in a program that is accredited by the American Association of Orthodontists. An orthodontic specialist limits his practice to only orthodontic treatment.
What makes our Office Special?
- Doctors with a conservative treatment philosophy. Treatment is not aggressive, which patients, parents and dentists love. Every patient gets an individualized treatment plan. That’s also why we treat so many dentists, their families & staff.
- A staff that’s friendly, fun-loving and caring. We love our patients and it shows!
- Fees that are fair and up-front.
- A State-of-the-art facility utilizing the latest and best in braces, wires and equipment. Many offices use gimmicks and promote self-ligating brackets (Damon, In-Ovation, etc.) and thermal-sensitive wire to “sell” you treatment — we’ve been using them for years without making a big deal of them! We believe you should never have to be “sold” treatment
- Sterilization monitored by an independent outside company.
- X-rays done with the latest 3-dimensional digital x-ray machine. This new machine allows for 3-dimensional views of the jaws, while minimizing radiation to the patient. All x-rays and procedures are done in-house – one stop, with nowhere else to go for records.
What to expect at your First Appointment?
The initial appointment is for a consultation and preliminary clinical examination. At this time Dr. Ghosh or Dr. Lofgren will do a thorough examination to determine if there is a need for orthodontic services and if so, give you a general idea of the orthodontic problem. We will explain the procedure for diagnostic study aids (records) and conference. Diagnostic records, such as photographs and x-rays may be taken at this appointment. Orthodontic treatment will be explained to you and your questions will be fully answered by the doctor and his treatment coordinator.
We understand that some children (and some adults as well) have a high degree of anxiety or fear of the dentist. We want to assure you that we will do everything possible to make this appointment as relaxing and fun as possible. Nothing we do at this appointment will hurt. Patients always comment on the ease and low-stress nature of this appointment. The usual duration for this appointment is one hour. This is a FREE consultation and there is no fee due at this appointment.
Use the following links for more information on treatment options and braces for different ages.